With Spring finally here, it is common that most of our senior patients want to get out of the house and go outside with our caregivers and/or with family and friends. This is something that A-1 Home Care prefers as well–for our seniors to get some relaxation and sun, if okay with their doctor, for the day. If our seniors are not in the mood to go for a walk or hike, we often encourage reading.
Reading has been said to be one of the best relaxing hobby, allowing an individual to go at their own pace and, yes, escape reality for a bit. We highly encourage our Costa Mesa seniors to grab a book on their way, especially if they are going to the beach. Catching the waves and reading a book is actually much needed sometimes in life.
Some books that are said to be on your to-do list are (BookBub Blog, 2017):
- A Million Little Things by Susan Mallery
- On Second Thought by Kristan Higgins
- The Mistress by Danielle Steel
- Always by Sarah Jio
- The Young Wives Club by Julie Pennell
- Forever is the Worst Long Time by Camille Pagán
- My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
- On Turpentine Lane by Elinor Lipman
- All Grown Up by Jami Attenberg
- Small Admissions by Amy Poeppel
- The Antiques by Kris D’Agostino
- This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
Our twenty-four hour caregivers can also assist with reading, whether that is reading a loud to our senior patients or reading in silence together. For further details on what more that our agency can offer, then be sure to give us a ring at our Costa Mesa office (949) 650-3800 or you can visit our website at www.a-1homecare.com to locate your closest branch in neighboring cities.